Simple to integrate, operate and maintain, the innovative BioMag™ System infuses magnetite as a weighing agent into conventional biological floc to make it heavier, dramatically improving settling rates and increasing biological clarifier performance without adding capital-intensive new tankage.
Primarily used to improve secondary wastewater treatment, the BioMag System easily integrates with planned or existing facilities, making it easier than ever for operators to maintain control over the depth of secondary sludge, achieve high contaminant removal and manage wide swings in loads and flows, while substantially reducing life-cycle costs.
Watch our Webinar to Learn How to Achieve Superior Effluent Quality Without Filtration or Added Tankage
Applications for BioMag Systems
- Enable capacity increases up to 300% without new tankage
- Manage wet weather flows without bypassing the biological process
- Free up existing tankage to meet tougher ENR standards
- Manage high organic industrial waste
- Enable the conversion of single-stage bioreactors to higher performing multistage systems
- Find a cost effective alternative to MBR, MBBR, IFAS technologies and conventional clarifier expansion solutions
Key Benefits of the BioMag System
- Simplicity and reliability - Ballasting biological floc with magnetite dramatically increases secondary settling rates eliminating bottlenecks to process greater loads, flows or both.
- Up to triple the capacity - Rapid and reliable settling enables a 2 – 3x increase in MLSS concentrations without the risk of upset and an equivalent increase in treatment capacity — all within existing bioreactors and clarifiers.
- Low-cost ENR - Increased capacity and superior solids removal enable existing activated sludge systems to free up reactor capacity for multi-stage treatment processes, thereby enabling the removal of TN to ≤ 3.0 mg/L and TP to ≤ 0.2 mg/L
- Lower OPEX - The BioMag™ System continuously recovers and reuses 95+% of the injected magnetite offering a cost-effective, sustainable process.
The enhanced settling capabilities of the BioMag System have been proven at municipal and industrial facilities to deliver the following results:
||< 5.0 mg/L
||< 10 mg/L
||< 0.2 mg/L
||< 0.2 mg/L
||< 3.0 mg/L
||< 70 mL/gram
||up to 100 lb/day-ft2
||up to 2,500 gpd/ft2
||up to 10,000 mg/L
||up to 8,000 mg/L
For more proof of how the BioMag System can enhance efficiency and maximize performance, view the videos, case studies, FAQs on this page, or contact us today.