The search help offers you tips and information on improving your search results.
Starting a Search
You can start a search from any Siemens webpage by entering a searchterm in the search box and clicking on "Search". From teh results page, the search can be refined step by step by changing the search term applying filters.
Multiple searc hterms are always "and" connected. Therefore you will only receive result-pages which include all of your search terms. If you want to narrow your search, you can enter more search terms and re-execute your search.
Additionally, you have the following options to specify your request in more detail:
- -searchterm: use the minus sign to exclude terms from your query, e.g. phone-mobile
- searchterm1 searchterm2": use quotation marks to search for a phrase, e.g. "annual report 2005"
You can set filters to refine your search further. The following options are available from the left column:
- Language: Refine by language which is used in the result, e.g. English
- Region: Refine by region from where the results originate, e.g. United States of America
- Date: Refine by date of the results' last update, e.g. last week
- File Type: Refine by the results file type, e.g. Web page or PDF
Available filters are determined by the current result-set, filters that do not yield any further results are not displayed. For each filter, only one filter-value can be set. The filters currently active are shown in left column and below the search box. Use the function "undo", in order to remove a filter.